Mayor of Utah City Killed During an Attack in Afghanistan

Mayor of Utah City Killed During an Attack in Afghanistan

Mayor of Utah City Killed During an Attack in Afghanistan

According to Taylor was killed in an "insider attack" in Kabul, according to a statement from the Utah National Guard to Fox 13 Salt Lake City, while the terrorist responsible was immediately killed by Afghan forces.

Operation Resolute Support said in a news release Saturday it is investigating the incident, which is suspected of being carried out by a member of the Afghan National Defense and Security Forces.

Brent Taylor, a major with the Utah Army National Guard, was identified as the servicemember killed, according to a Facebook post by North Ogden City Councilman Phillip Swanson. They two had known each other for several years. "He was the best of men with the ability to see potential and possibility in everything around him". "'United we stand, divided we fall.' God Bless America".

The Utah National Guard has not publicly confirmed or discussed the circumstances of Taylor's death, which was confirmed to CNN by a government official. He often posted updates on Facebook of the work he was doing with the Afghan soldiers, the newspaper reported.

Another unidentified servicemember was also wounded in the attack Saturday. Gen. Jefferson Burton, the adjutant general, in a statement.

'I wish them all the comfort and courage to face the hard days ahead'.

Utah Gov. Gary Herbert plans to hold a news conference on Sunday to discuss the death. During a 2007 deployment in Iraq, Taylor and his wife Jennie led an effort that collected $75,000 worth of humanitarian aid items from Utah residents that Taylor distributed to rural Iraqi villages. The last post I read was about Afghanistan's free and open elections.

This is the latest in a series of apparent insider attacks in Afghanistani in recent months.

Afghan policemen keep watch following an air strike from an Afghan military helicopter during ongoing clashes between Afghan security forces and militants near the Eid Gah Mosque in Kabul on August 21, 2018.

Related news

[an error occurred while processing the directive]