Exploding e-cigarette kills man by slicing artery

Exploding e-cigarette kills man by slicing artery

Exploding e-cigarette kills man by slicing artery

Brown claimed the device's battery malfunctioned, melting bits of plastic from her vehicle to the vape pen - which launched the charred debris into her grandson's face and neck, leaving her auto soaked in blood.

When the pen exploded, a piece of the e-cigarette got lodged in his throat and severed an artery in his neck, stopping blood flow to his brain.

"It just all seems so unreal", she told the news outlet. He was taken by ambulance to John Peter Smith Hospital (JPS) in Fort Worth.

A Texas man died of a massive stroke after the e-cigarette he was using exploded and tore his carotid artery. "He was running around doing his thing at 24 and now he's gone".

The manager of the vape shop told reporters that Brown didn't buy anything, but wanted help using a Mechanical Mod style vape pen.

A report from the US Federal Emergency Management Agency said 133 people were injured by faulty devices between January 2009 and December 2016.

Citing privacy laws, the hospital said it was not possible to discuss specifics, but did release a statement saying: "We hold ourselves to the highest standards in providing high-quality healthcare and will take family concerns seriously as we review all that transpired".

The CDC says more than one in every 10 adults has tried an e-cigarette. He suffered from asthma and was told that a specialized vape pen might help improve his breathing, she told the newspaper.

Brown, who would have been 25 years old this month, is believed to be the second person killed in the U.S.by an exploding electronic cigarette. None of those injuries resulted in death, according to the report.

Firefighters found him with severe facial injuries and with burns to 80 percent of his body. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, defective e-cigarette batteries have caused fires and explosions. A Kansas man sued a Wichita vaper shop previous year after he said the spare battery for his e-cigarette exploded in the front pocket of his trousers.

Brown was rushed to the hospital where he was put into a medically induced coma.

According to his grandmother, the 24-year-old had only bought the e-cigarette moments before it exploded.

Related news



[an error occurred while processing the directive]