Joshua: Ruiz Will Face 'Completely Different Beast' In Rematch

Joshua: Ruiz Will Face 'Completely Different Beast' In Rematch

Joshua: Ruiz Will Face 'Completely Different Beast' In Rematch

The heavyweight world title rematch between three-belt titleholder Andy Ruiz Jr. and former titlist Anthony Joshua will take place on December 7 in Diriyah, Saudi Arabia, promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Boxing announced on Friday. August 9, 2019) and revealed that he will rematch Ruiz on December 7 from Diriyah, Saudi Arabia.

Cardiff's Principality Stadium had been among the options to host the rematch.

Ruiz Jr (33-1, 22 KOs) stunned Joshua to capture his IBF, WBA and WBO titles in one of the biggest heavyweight upsets of all time at a sold-out Madison Square Garden in NY on June 1. Ruiz shocked the world by stopping the previously unbeaten Joshua in June with a seventh-round knockout after dropping the former champion four separate times in the fight. "What makes it more important is how I prepare for this fight".

Anthony Joshua is now determined to secure revenge against Ruiz who will also wants to defend his unified heavyweight titles.

Saudi Arabian sports authorities are said to be putting up nearly $100million (£83million) for the match to be held there.

The 29-year-old Joshua intends to take a new approach, mentally and physically, to their second fight later this year.

The fight likely will be streamed on DAZN in the United States, although that deal has not yet been finalized, a source told ESPN. In the United Kingdom, the fight will be broadcast on Sky Box Office.

Saudi Arabia last hosted a boxing event when Amir Khan beat Billy Dib in July.

Joshua (22-1, 20 KOs) will attempt to regain his world titles and become a two-time heavyweight ruler after tasting defeat for the first time in his professional career on his USA debut.

Related news



[an error occurred while processing the directive]