Man Kills Eight School Children In China

Man Kills Eight School Children In China

Man Kills Eight School Children In China

The 40-year-old suspect is said to have been arrested and held in custody, South China Post reports. How the children were attacked was not disclosed.

Eight students died and two were injured in the attack at Chaoyangpo grade school in the city of Enshi, in Hubei province, the Global Times newspaper reported. Two children injured in the incident have been taken to health facility for emergency remedy. The authorities have not yet revealed the names or ages of the victims who lost their lives.

Officials did not say how the students were killed and the attacker's motive was not immediately clear.

A source who works at the Hubei prison system told China's Southern Weekly that Yu was released in June, 2018, after serving more than eight years in jail for attempted murder.

Students at an elementary school in Beijing were also attacked earlier this year. In October, at least 14 children at a kindergarten in Chongqing were slashed by a woman with a kitchen knife.

The local government is providing psychological counselling services to the students who witnessed or were injured in Monday's attack.

In April past year, nine students were killed and over a dozen others injured outside a middle school in northwestern Shaanxi province by an attacker who allegedly was a former pupil seeking revenge for having been bullied.

Related news



[an error occurred while processing the directive]