Prince Charles Appears to Snub Mike Pence at World Holocaust Forum

Prince Charles Appears to Snub Mike Pence at World Holocaust Forum

Prince Charles Appears to Snub Mike Pence at World Holocaust Forum

Prince Charles, the heir apparent to the throne in the United Kingdom, was caught on camera snubbing a handshake from Vice President Mike Pence at an Auschwitz memorial event in Jerusalem, Israel, Thursday.

The White House said Pence had spoken and shaken hands with Prince Charles prior to the event which was created to mark the 75th anniversary of the liberation of the Auschwitz concentration camp, as Breitbart News reported.

As he arrived for the event in Jerusalem, Charles shook hands with the event's organizer, Moshe Kantor, then walked by Pence, looking him in the face, before continuing on to shake hands with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

In response to the speculation online, Pence's press secretary Katie Waldman has denied the snub claim. She also shared a photo of the men smiling at each other, writing, "This is not true".

However, both Prince Charles and the Vice President have denied that there was any animosity between them, with Clarence House explaining that the future King hadn't ignored President Trump's deputy, but they had a "warm and friendly" chat earlier in the day. Payne also retweeted Waldman's tweet showing a video of Pence and Charles conversing backstage. Handshakes all around, until he got to VP Pence and his wife.

Before his pained moment with the Prince of Wales, Pence was caught on a hot mic discussing what appeared to be the impeachment trial with Netanyahu, "We're contending", Pence told Netanyahu.

Related news



[an error occurred while processing the directive]